- With half of Scotland's European representatives knocked out in the first week of July, it's worth revisiting this …snostandapairofstrikers.wordpress.com/2012/08/25/a-c… 3 months ago
- RT @HenryClarson: Gilt-Edged Justice wp.me/p2FyWP-5r by @GlasnostStriker. Common sense, justice, and the law don't all have to be … 1 year ago
- @Finbartt When rival fans argue over the 'same club' issue what they're really arguing about is what the 'criteria of identity' ought to be. 1 year ago
- @Finbartt Is it the 'same' for the purposes of past honours? To answer that question we need a test - some 'criteria of identity' - to apply 1 year ago
- @Finbartt Is it the same for the purposes of TUPE? Yes. For the purposes of liability for debts? No. It's stadium and fans? Yes. And so on 1 year ago
Author Archives: glasnoststriker
Fiat justitia, et pereat mundus (Let justice be done, though the world perish) Picture the scene. A wealthy old lady decides to disinherit her only son. So he kills her before she gets the chance to make a Will. What … Continue reading
Continuing with our theme of club ownership models, in this article @thecroakgang explores some of the issues with fan ownership of our football clubs and raises mutualisation as a promising alternative.
In the final piece in this series advocating summer football, we address some objections to the idea of switching to summer football – and suggest some solutions.
The second article in this series looks at how playing summer football in Scotland might positively impact on both TV viewing figures and on the ‘spectator experience’.
As Ally McCoist today defends himself against a charge of ‘bringing the game into disrepute’, for challenging the independence of the Disciplinary Tribunal and the ‘anonymity’ of its members, we ask: to what extent is he right?
In our second article on the JPP, we look at how our system of football ‘justice’ should be reformed in the wake of the Court of Session’s decision in the Rangers case. Lord Glennie’s judgment revealed two important problems with the Judicial … Continue reading
As Charles Green and Ally McCoist prepare to defend themselves before a Disciplinary Tribunal this Thursday, we look at where the SFA’s new system of justice now stands following the Rangers crisis. Last summer’s introduction of a new independent disciplinary system, … Continue reading